the big. the bad. the MEGA. architecture as a global condition.

12.04.2006

i can't WAIT for my nobel peace prize

I am trucking along slowly. I have spent a lot of the weekend getting together aerial maps, pinpointing locations of hospitals, and eventually (finally) trying to model the transportation networks.

I feel a little stuck. I can probably attribute this to the fact that it's been a little frustrating because I have pretty much learned everything formZ will NOT let me do, and everything I have done has been tedious, repetitive, and has shown minimal finished product.

Because I was stuck on design, I moved back to the network to get my mind reeling. I am thinking my end piece will be a large, artistic collage which can hopefully effectively show the conversion of the GSK network from virtual (knowledge and technology) to physical (the hubs and various pods). My other option is to show an animation to examine the conceptual movement of this network, and a collage to show it virtually vs. physically at a series of scales - that one can see how this network occupies the globe, and the tiny details (which I feel are quite important) on the human scale as to how the network occupies and alters the AIDS condition existing within the population.

This system will thrive off of the ability to move, and so I have started by showing the transportation networks (regarding my sites) as they relate to the virtual network coming from London HQ.








Looking at that second image labelled "Cape Town" I have provided a vignette to show how my system will latch onto the current transportation network.

No comments: